Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Yellow Swirly Goodness

Afternoon Folks -
     I went through my neutrals I realized I only have three! Womp womp womp. Well of course I decided to go polish shopping, and Walgreens is having a $.99 sale on Sinful Colors so I picked up eight or so of those, and in those I picked up "Unicorn", a really pretty pastel yellow, not quite eggshell but definitely soft. It took  five coats for it to be opaque!
     I also noticed that Sinful Colors uses very hard bristles and requires a very soft touch if you don't want to cut paths in your undercoat(s).  Not too thrilled with that, I don't think I'll pick up anymore SC unless there is a color I really can't live without.
     So I gave myself a manicure using FIVE COATS of Sinful Color's "Unicorn" as a base, Bundle Monster stamp BM-314, white Konad stamping polish and OPI's "Did You Ear About Van Gogh?"


     How do you feel about yellow polish? I have read that is the most hated nail color, I think it's under appreciated! I own more yellow than any other color. My first polish was OPI's "Need Sunglasses", the polish that started it all! 


Dare I say it was a "Gateway" polish? Anyone else own and LOVE Need Sunglasses? 

Have a great rest of your day! :)
b


2 comments:

  1. I love Unicorn, it is a great shade of yellow. I didn't have problems with application, but I have read that others have.

    I adore yellow, and that OPI looks SWEET!

    lovenailpolish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a gorgeous color, in my experience S.C. seems to be kind of touch-and-go on the quality of their formula and brushes. Sometimes you find a real gem, others, not so much :/

      Delete